Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
Satellogic is looking for a senior RF hardware engineer to make complex RF designs, maintain and improve our current satellite hardware and serve as a reference for the company on grounding and EMI/EMC topics. The position requires solid expertise in RF circuit board design, schematic capture and PCB layout, and proper experience with digital and mixed-signal designs focusing on high-speed signals. Candidates must also have significant experience in the design of full end-to-end communications systems. They need to coordinate with other team members to integrate RFIC designs into multi-chip modules. They should have the ability to work in a fast paced, highly motivated and very interactive team environment. The position is based in Buenos Aires.
- Lead projects and solve problems in complex hardware systems.
- Perform detailed transistor-level RFIC design and development, including high-efficiency RF power amplifiers for satellite communications.
- Implement RF integrated circuits including the layout of all active and passive circuit elements along with design verification and characterization.
- Simulate and evaluate signal and power integrity of complex designs.
- Develop validation procedures and write code requirements in order to test prototypes.
- Validate compliance with specifications.
- Interact with PCB manufacturers for the best quality deliveries.
- Plan and support test and measurement for evaluation of prototype designs. Document and summarise design data to support team members and different clients of the company.
- Prepare guidelines for grounding in complex systems and review boards.
- Be a reference in EMI/EMC design techniques and testing.
- Transfer of technology to our factory (availability to travel).
Skills and Qualifications
- Education: Electronic Engineer (or equivalent), with specialization in high-frequency circuits
- At least 10 years of experience as an RF hardware engineer in a high-tech environment.
- Wide experience in RF communication systems such as heterodyne systems, up&down converters, high-frequency power amplifiers and antennas. Experience in the X-Band frequency range is desirable.
- Strong background in the design of digital and mixed-signal circuits.
- Experience in grounding for complex systems and with EMI/EMC design techniques and testing.
- Proficiency with Keysight ADS and/or Cadence for all stages of RFIC design, including Harmonic Balance, S-Parameter, Transient and Envelope Simulation. Detailed transistor-level knowledge of RF and microwave circuit design techniques including high-efficiency power amplifier design and low noise amplifiers.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques and equipment for RF circuits, such as signal generators, VNAs, and spectrum/signal analyzers.
- Use of EM simulators such as ADS Momentum, ADS FEM, and/or Ansys HFSS, FEKO or CST in conjunction with circuit simulators to accurately predict overall circuit performance.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Flexible, able, and willing to learn new things.
- Ability to mentor others.
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in multilayer high-speed signal routing of PCBs such as LVDS, PCI-Express, USB, Ethernet, DDR, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux OS.
- Knowledge of IPC standards regarding PCB design, fabrication, and assembly.
- Experience in programming (C, Python) and code version control tools (git).
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.