Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the Company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
For this role in the Platform and Infrastructure team, we are looking for an experienced software engineer with expertise architecting complex distributed systems, that is passionate about new technologies, willing to learn and grow. You must love coding and have proven software development experience.
In this role, you will:
- Design, develop and document scalable and robust distributed systems using microservice architecture
- Design, implement and document distributed architectures using message-driven and event sourcing paradigms
- Refactor legacy monolithic code into a maintainable, scalable and observable microservice ecosystem
- Write, maintain and document Infrastructure as Code targeting Kubernetes and various public cloud providers like Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Use test-driven development to write high-quality code
What we value:
Proficient software developer in languages like, but not exclusively:
- Java, Kotlin
Previous experience designing and implementing message-driven architectures, especially using:
- Apache Kafka
- Event sourcing
- Data streaming
Experience with geo-referenced information:
- GeoTIFF, COG and coordinate systems
- Geo-referenced vectorial information
- Systems used to store and process geo-referenced data
- Experience designing and implementing distributed systems
- Knowledge of Functional, non-blocking, reactive programming using any language or frameworks
- Expertise in test-driven development methodology
- Agile mindset willing to influence others
- Knowledge of *nix like operating systems
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Being very detail-oriented
- Excellent English and great communication skills
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.