Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Software team in our Satellite Engineering group is in charge of design, development, implementation and maintenance of the software that runs on the satellites in space, and some ground applications closely related to the satellite (communication software stack, security, etc.).
Its mission is to provide high quality software, a common software architecture, and enforce good practices among the projects that compose the satellite software ecosystem.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As a Python application developer you will be working in a wide range of technical issues, involving different architectures, OS and real-time constraints.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting the satellite’s flight software.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Cordoba (ARG)
- Develop and maintain new features for legacy and new projects.
- Take ownership of solutions.
- Participate in project plannings and definitions.
- Participate in architecture definitions.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing software on Python (especially in backend systems, applications or processes)
- Hands-on experience in background systems/processes.
- Experienced Linux user and bash scripting.
- Fluent in git (Gitlab is a plus)
- Familiarity with agile methodologies (Scrum, peer review).
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Intermediate English proficiency level.
What we value
- Experience with Docker or containers technology.
- Experience with database (Sql, Influxdb).
- Experience mixim Python with C/C++ libraries.
- Experience with math libs (Scipy, Numpy, etc).
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace