Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Embedded Software team is responsible for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of the firmware and low level software that runs on the satellites. The team is also supporting the set up of BSPs and operating systems running on the various computers inside the satellites.
The team works very close with the other software development teams in the department. Their joint mission is to provide high quality software, a common software architecture, and enforce good practices among the projects that compose the satellite software ecosystem.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As the Team Leader Embedded Software you will be responsible for leading one of the software development teams within Satellite Engineering.
You have to be a leader, manager and mentor for your team. You have to ensure that your team is aligned with the other software teams when it comes to processes and tools.
It is one of your main responsibilities to assure that the collaboration across teams and projects is flawless. You should facilitate a culture of inter-project collaboration, communication and collective problem solving when required. You will also be contributing to the technological and methodological advancement of the Satellite Engineering Department.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Cordoba (ARG)
- Set objectives and provide context to the embedded software engineers for their day to day work
- Mentor and coach your team members on finding technical solutions and work autonomously
- Define, improve and implement design processes, tools and best practices
- Involved in planning the technology roadmap for the Satellite Engineering department
- Align the processes and tools with the other software development teams in the department
- Grow the teams capabilities to make sure it meets the future needs of the company
- Support the development of the team members in their skill and career development
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development (design, coding, testing, and debugging)
- 5+ years of experience in embedded software development (using C/C++)
- Hands on experience in working with RTOS and Linux
- Experience in low level communication protocols (I2C, RS232, SPI, CAN, etc.)
Experience in leading teams or projects is a plus
- Ability to prioritize, distribute and delegate work according to high level objectives
- Desire to coach and support others to work autonomously and grow
- Very strong English and Spanish communication skills
- In depth knowledge about software development life cycle
- Familiarity with CI/CD for embedded systems (using Gitlab)
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace