Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Software Integration and Testing Team is responsible for software integration, verification and acceptance testing. It is also responsible for developing the tools needed for the testing of our satellites in all stages of the assembly and integration. Furthermore, it provides software solutions for acceptance testing in the satellite production facilities.
The team works hand-in-hand with the AIT (Assembly, Integration and Testing) Team. As well as very close to the software development teams in Satellite Engineering and the software team in production.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As the Team Leader Software Integration and Testing you will be responsible for leading one of the software teams within Satellite Engineering.
You have to be a leader, manager and mentor for your team. You have to ensure that your team is aligned with the other software teams and with the AIT team when it comes to processes and tools.
It is one of your main responsibilities to assure that the collaboration across teams and projects is flawless. You should facilitate a culture of inter-project collaboration, communication and collective problem solving when required. You will also be contributing to the technological and methodological advancement of the Satellite Engineering Department.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Cordoba (ARG)
- Set objectives and provide context to the software integration and test engineers for their day to day work
- Mentor and coach your team members on finding technical solutions and work autonomously
- Define, improve and implement design processes, tools and best practices
- Involved in planning the technology roadmap for the Satellite Engineering department
- Align the processes and tool with the other software development teams as well as with the AIT team
- Grow the teams capabilities to make sure it meets the future needs of the company
- Support the development of the team members in their skill and career development
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in software development, integration or testing
- 5+ years of experience in working with computer hardware in a production or lab environment
- Hands on experience in working with RTOS and Linux
- Experience in low level communication protocols (I2C, RS232, SPI, CAN, etc.)
- Experience in leading teams or projects is a plus
- Good knowledge of Python and C
- Familiarity with CI/CD for embedded systems (using Gitlab)
- Ability to prioritize, distribute and delegate work according to high level objectives
- Desire to coach and support others to work autonomously and grow
- Very strong English and Spanish communication skills
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace