Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
Satellogic is a leading provider of high resolution satellite imagery to governments and commercial customers worldwide. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation and product platform deliver imagery data at the right cost. Satellogic’s satellite engineers, operators and product specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day.
Today, we are a global company with more than 200 employees in over 15 locations, at an inflection point in terms of growth and scale. We value team members with a sense of purpose who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning — all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
Satellogic is looking for a Thermal Engineer who will be part of the Thermal Control team. The team is responsible for the:
- Thermal System Engineering
- Thermal requirements definition (in conjunction with the program systems engineers team and other disciplines involved in the company programs).
- Thermal Mathematical Modeling.
- Requirements verification by thermal scanning.
- Thermal design Verification and Validation Plan definition.
- Thermal design specification.
- Thermal qualification Tests specifications and all tests oriented to qualify thermal design, thermal hardware and its integration procedures.
- Thermal hardware specification, delivery and acceptance review.
The team includes many specialists from different teams that regularly meet to define next releases. The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the job
The Thermal Engineer reports to the Thermal Leader. In this role you will be responsible for the simulation and evaluation of space thermal control systems.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain space systems thermal mathematical models.
- Define mission and subsystem thermal environments.
- Perform thermal simulations and evaluations.
- Support thermal design decisions.
- Write technical reports.
- Define test specifications.
- Define thermal hardware purchase specifications.
- Participate in integration and test campaigns.
- Collaborate with other technical teams (structural, electrical, optical).
- University degree or equivalent qualifications in aerospace, aeronautical or mechanical engineering.
- 4+ years of experience working in space systems thermal analysis or in studies using finite element models.
- 4+ years working with highly integrated systems and interdisciplinary teams.
- Experience in thermal evaluation tools such as NX Simcenter 3D Space Systems Thermal, Thermal
- Desktop, ESATAN or other similar software.
- Advanced knowledge in space systems thermal research and design.
- Working knowledge of thermal analysis tools.
- Knowledge of space systems thermal hardware.
- Proficient in CATIA, NX, MATLAB, and Python.
- Fluent in english.
- Good teamwork and communication skills.
- Travel availability.
- High degree of initiative and motivation.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.