Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
As a member of the Mission & Operations Software Applications team, you will be working on a wide range of technical issues, and contributing to solutions of complex problems. You must love programming, have proven software development experience and see coding as a key means to validate your ideas.
- Design, develop and support software operating a large constellation of satellites.
- Write reusable and testable code.
- Identify and suggest various opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality.
What we value
- Software engineering skills in Python.
- Experience working with Django/Flask frameworks.
- Familiarity with web frameworks and tools like React.JS, React Native, Bootstrap, jQuery is a plus.
- Experience working with distributed version control (preferably GIT).
- Knowledge of object-oriented design.
- Familiarity with agile best practices.
- Willingness to learn new software, frameworks, and APIs.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment.
- Being detail oriented.
- Excellent English and great communication skills overall.
- Experience with production infrastructure, *nix.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems.
- Experience with working with containers, infrastructure as code and cloud providers (Azure, AWS).
- Membership in communities such as PyCons, PyDays, meetups, or similar.