Satellogic is a vertically integrated geospatial analytics company that will be the ﬁrst in history to develop a scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the Company
Our goal is to democratize access to geospatial data and provide world class data science services for decision-makers and innovators who are solving the world’s most pressing problems. Today, we have global operations in 6 countries (US, Spain, Argentina, Uruguay, Israel and China) with over 170 employees and we are at an inﬂection point in terms of growth and scale. We intend to build and launch a constellation of 90+ low earth orbit satellites in the next two years that will remap the planet at one meter resolution on a weekly basis. Our constellation will ultimately grow to over 300 satellites and daily remaps. Satellogic is a privately-held, venture-backed company that values purpose-driven team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning — all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the Job
Satellogic’s Finance team combines traditional financial planning and analysis with broader business decision making and strategy, directly supporting leadership. FP&A Analyst is embedded in daily operations, supporting both near-term execution and long-term planning. The Analyst is expected to analyze data and provide recommendations and to lead cross-functional decision-making and implementation of the recommendations.
- Participates in the company’s consolidated operating and multi-year financial models. Deliver annual and quarterly budget planning cycles and monthly rolling forecast.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial and management reporting, analyzing financial results and variances, assessing business performance and risks, and communicating key messages to senior management team.
- Continually improve the current processes, tools and methodologies for budgeting, forecasting, analysis and ﬁnancial reporting to improve eﬃciency, accuracy, timeliness and level of support for the business.
- Other tasks or ad-hoc work as requested by the manager and business partners in the areas of investor relations, FP&A, cost and price analysis, and M&A.
- Maintenance of monthly KPI tracking and management dashboards.
- Building and tracking of cost and price models and understanding of the business impacts.
- Treasury, cash management, and foreign exchange functions, understanding of how to best use cash on hand and limit foreign exchange impacts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate eﬀectively, both orally and in writing within Finance, as well as cross-functionally and with leadership.
- Ability to review and analyze ﬁnancial reports and present ﬁnancial information to a non-ﬁnancial audience in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
- Understanding of key business drivers and ability to identify, track and report on KPI’s.
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills with ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think and act in the best interests of our internal customers, employees and various stakeholders including collaborating, constructively disagreeing, and executing in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional decision-making and analytical skills.
- 4+ years of relevant experience within corporate finance, FP&A, data science, investment banking, management consulting, or private equity . Ideally more recent experience in strategic or operational finance functions at a high-growth technology company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Strong MS Office & GSuiteskills needed, particularly Excel or GSheets.Candidate should be comfortable with financial modeling and working with large amounts of data; SQL skills preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with data science or business analytic softwares.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.