Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Customer Success team is responsible for
- Customer training and onboarding, which includes educating customers about our products and how they should be incorporated into their operations.
- Upselling, providing technical and product support and proactively addressing customer needs.
- Define and control quality of imagery and data products.
- Management of tasking requests.
- The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
Launch your career with Satellogic as a Satellite Tasking Specialist. You will work within the Customer Success team and are responsible for tasking and monitoring Satellogic satellite imagery to meet the data needs of our customers. Your task is to ensure that satellite tasking needs, image product quality, customer requirements and delivery standards are met.
In this role you will:
- Tasking and monitoring satellite imagery.
- Setting up projects and accounts.
- Assist in the monitoring of projects throughout their life cycle.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to address customer technical needs and issues
- Work closely together with the Business Development/Sales team
- Troubleshoot capture and tasking related issues
The preferred location is Argentina. Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones can be considered. Office locations include Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Montevideo, Barcelona, Tel Aviv.
You have experience in satellite or airborne image processing and optical remote sensing. You have programming skills to implement new developments and are keen to propose innovative solutions to existing challenges.
- BSc degree in Remote Sensing, Image Science, Photogrammetry, Astronomy, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent work experience
2+ years working with Remote Sensing data
2+ years working with interdisciplinary teams
Experience in developing satellite and/or aerial image processing algorithms using libraries such as Gdal, Geopandas, Scipy, Numpy, etc.
Software engineering skills in Python and experience with the Python scientific ecosystem.
GIT Code version control system
Excellent level of English, written and oral
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms using tools such as scikit-learn, keras, pytorch, etc.
- Familiarity with commercial Remote Sensing software (SNAP, ARCGIS, ENVI, etc.).
- Experience working with public cloud providers like AWS, etc.
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch and Kibana
In order to apply, please send your resume in English with a cover letter and three references.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.
Please feel free to specify your pronouns following your name on the application.