Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
This engineer will work in the design, routing, sourcing and testing of new electronic subsystems of our satellites and will also maintain and improve our current hardware. The position requires experience in PCB Layout and solid knowledge of digital and mixed-signal designs.
- Complete layout, design, and documentation of electronic hardware designs and assemblies.
- Simulate and evaluation of signal and power integrity of complex designs.
- Develop validation procedures and write code in order to test prototypes.
- Interact with PCB manufacturers for best quality deliveries.
- Review PCB designs for manufacturability and space flight qualification.
- Write design documents, proposals and factibility analysis of high level requirements.
- Transfer of technology to our factory (travel availability)
Skills and Qualifications
- Basic education: electronic engineer
- At least 3 years of experience as an electronic engineer in a high-tech environment.
- Experience in multilayer high speed signal routing of PCBs such as LVDS, PCI-Express, USB, Ethernet, DDR, etc. PCB layout of power systems.
- Experience with PCB layout tools (Altium Designer, Kicad)
- Strong design background in digital and mixed-signal circuits.
- Have a knowledge of IPC standards regarding PCB design, fabrication and assembly.
- Good written and verbal communications skills in English
- Familiar with Linux OS.
- Experience in programming (C, Python) and code version control tools (git).
- Flexible, able and willing to learn new things.
- Strong work ethic and drive to succeed balanced with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with others.