Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
You will be responsible for the image stabilization technology as a product. You will define and prioritize the roadmap, participate in the design of its basic and detailed engineering, coordinate the tasks of the different teams that implement those changes, and interact with our providers.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of the image stabilization technology of Satellogic.
- Be in charge of the design, development, AIT process, commissioning and on-orbit performance of the stabilization technology as part of the Optical Payload team.
- Negotiate the prioritization of the different tasks, coordinate them, and track their progress.
- Translate the high-level requirements for the stabilization system to lower level ones.
- Work in a multidisciplinary environment; collaborate with experts in different fields, such as software, electronics and thermal engineering, and image processing.
What we value
- Degree in Electronics Engineering.
- Experience in control systems.
- Experience developing custom technologies working with external providers
- Experience working in industrial environments
- Experience with risk management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to lead multidisciplinary tasks
- Good communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.