Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
Satellogic is a leading provider of high resolution satellite imagery to governments and commercial customers worldwide. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation and product platform deliver imagery data at the right cost. Satellogic’s satellite engineers, operators and product specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day.
Today, we are a global company with more than 200 employees in over 15 locations, at an inflection point in terms of growth and scale. We value team members with a sense of purpose who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning — all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the Position
The Global Supply Manager (GSM) will be the main point of contact for different Satellite Modules between suppliers and internal teams, managing the contract and project execution on Time, on Cost and on Quality.
The GSM will acquire an in-depth knowledge of the satellite modules and related suppliers to enable effective control of supply contracts. They will coordinate all stakeholders involved, working closely with satellite module project managers, engineers & AIT experts to develop requirements and a contractual framework for both new developments and high throughput production phases.
They will also be a point of contact for the supplier development when necessary.
Location: Anywhere, Remote.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Develop and execute global contracts with strategic partners for different satellite modules and related hardware products.
- Lead all aspects of the project execution, with accountability for OT-OC-OQ delivery of equipment, related documentation & services for assigned suppliers.
- Visit supplier facilities and accurately assess operational capability, financial health, capacity & quality in order to award contracts in support of new product development and long-term production.
- Ensure suppliers act as partners and are prepared to support all prototype builds with appropriate equipment, material for successful product development, ramping up and high throughput production.
- Manage change processes, NCR resolution, root cause analysis & gate reviews.
- Ensure alignment within the project team, providing leadership and motivation to build the team into an effective unit.
- Set short term recovery plans and ensure local follow-up / support to development plans.
- Ensure effective Risk and Opportunity processes.
- Consolidate all aspects of Supplier Statement of Work and other necessary documentation to perform RFIs, RFPs and RFQs campaigns and select best supplier back-ups & alternatives.
- Help manage supplier development.
- Partner with internal resources & perform trade analysis to drive:
- adoption of low-cost parts
- design for manufacturability
- avoidance of obsolescence.
- Report regularly status of suppliers & propositions to Satellogic executives, including those related to contract award, cost reviews, cost reduction strategies and critical supply issues.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other technical discipline.
- Project management skills.
- Leader, proactive and autonomous, decision maker.
- Excellent English communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
- Strong networking and relations building skills, both internally and externally with partners.
- Ability to lead a multidisciplinary and international team and interact at all company levels.
- Time management, planning and organization skills.
- Highest level of integrity.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Willingness and ability to travel (regularly within Europe and occasionally elsewhere).
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.