Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the job
As the leader of the Image Processing team you will serve as a coach and mentor for your team members while setting performance expectations. You will define and improve processes, tools and implementation practices. You are responsible for growing the team capabilities and managing the career paths of your team members.
Based on your previous experience, you will thoroughly understand image processing pipelines, satellite image sensor technology and factors that impact the quality of the image. You will help to improve the technical maturity of the solutions your team delivers.
The members of your team, and eventually yourself, will be assigned to different projects ongoing in parallel. You will ensure that all team members make use of best practices and the latest available knowledge and techniques to perform their tasks. You will facilitate a culture of inter-project collaboration, communication and collective problem solving when required. You will also interface with program managers and leaders of other disciplines.
You will be part of a diverse multidisciplinary company of over 170 employees on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it everyday. You will be reporting to the Vice President of Satellite Engineering.
The preferred location is Barcelona, Spain. Other options may be considered.
You have experience in image processing and image processing pipelines in a production environment. You have strong problem analysis and solving skills. You have meaningful experience in software engineering of complex systems and have mastered software engineering best practices that will help your team reach high performance levels.
You have hands-on experience with Statistical Image Processing, Geographic Information Systems, corrections applied to imagery and radiometry.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Remote Sensing or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in image processing, preferably in satellite and/or aerial applications.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software or Image Processing Team Leader.
- 2+ years of experience in SCRUM or other Agile methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge in image processing algorithms ranging from image orthorectification to computer vision, map projection and radiometric corrections.
- Proficiency in Python and/or C++ especially when applied to image processing pipelines.
- Strong managerial and communication skills, ability to execute effectively.
- Ability to think analytically and mathematically.
- Purpose driven and results oriented. Capability for multitasking with high levels of commitment to deadlines in a fast-paced business environment.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Advanced English proficiency levels.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with managing Image Processing teams and image processing pipelines in a production environment.