Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the team
As camera manufacturing engineer you will be part of the Focal Plane team. The team is responsible for the electronics and the surrounding parts of the main payload of our satellites.
Our mission is to define and execute the technological roadmap to meet our clients’ requirements, and support its manufacturing & operation.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the job
As the camera manufacturing engineer you will:
- Be in charge of the camera manufacturing lifecycle, from purchasing until its launch.
- Be the main contact point for the manufacturing facility for camera-related matters
- Support for manufacturing issues
- Keep manufacturing docs updated
- Continuous improvement of manufacturing procedures
- Interact with vendors for supply issues
- Design and run experiments at AIT facilities, collect results and report them appropriately.
The preferred location is Buenos Aires or Montevideo. Availability to travel, specifically to the plant facilities in Montevideo is a must.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience working in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years working with highly integrated systems and interdisciplinary teams (e.g. electronics, software, optics, mechanics, etc.)
- Experience in electronic, electro-optical systems or related fields.
- Linux OS, Python, code version control tools (git)
- Spanish native speaker.
- Advanced English.
- Planning, tracking and documenting tasks
- Flexibility and agility: be comfortable with an ever-changing and fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Initiative: identify improvement opportunities, provide feedback, design solutions.
- Systemic vision: understand the complex architecture of satellites, seek for the system level optimization.
- Ability to understand and manage discrepancies and tradeoffs by exploring different alternatives and points of view.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.