Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
As a Mission Manager, you will manage the definition, planning, and successful execution of the necessary satellite launches to build up our constellation. The role includes seeking satellite launch opportunities to meet mission requirements, proposal development, mission management, contract management, scheduling and regulatory coordination, ensuring that all tasks are completed in a reliable and timely fashion.
- Search the market for launch opportunities meeting mission requirements.
- Lead all pre-launch activities from the moment of the launch services agreement signature until the actual launch.
- Plan and execute launch campaigns at different launch sites around the world, by defining and leading a suitable launch campaign team.
- Ensure that the necessary assets and Ground Support Equipment for launch campaigns are designed, procured and maintained.
- Serve as focal point for teams within Satellogic and launch services providers to ensure mission requirements are met.
- Interact with commissioning teams within Satellogic to ensure a safe and reliable commissioning process after launch.
- Register and apply all lessons learned to improve mission execution effectiveness and efficiency.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related fields.
- 3+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in related fields.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to represent the company in various countries.
- Capability of working under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Self-direction, flexibility, and eagerness to learn.
- Availability to travel often abroad (Uruguay, China, United States, Russia, India, among other countries).
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.