Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Procurement team is responsible for overseeing and assuring the purchasing process following internal policies and fostering a high quality relationship with suppliers.
From a Logistics perspective the department coordinates components and supplies logistics and at the same time is in charge of coordinating satellites logistics. Negotiating contracts with freight and customs agent suppliers, delivering shipments on time, and managing external warehouses.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
The procurement analyst will be responsible for executing contracts globally, providing solutions for technical, financial, and commercial issues with suppliers, assuring the best alternative regarding costs and quality for the company.
Greater Rotterdam Area – At Satellogic we encourage virtual collaboration and teaming across our distributed global workforce and pride ourselves in our flexible and autonomous work culture. For roles that support teams with physical presence in our manufacturing plant we would expect a degree of on-site presence.
Of course we are a manufacturing company so what needs to be done on site needs to be done on site, but otherwise you are free to work where you want.
- Select suppliers, prepare purchase orders for productive and non-productive components, tools, and supplies.
- Oversee supplier quality and delivery times of materials and services acquired.
- Optimize supplier costs.
- Execute the return process if necessary
- Collaboration with International Trade processes.
- Request and analyze quotes from suppliers.
- Track orders and deliveries, quality problems, returns, missing, payments and other situations that may affect the completion of an operation.
- Participate in Ad hoc projects
- Develop of reports and KPIs
- Maintain and improve relationships with the suppliers
- Investigate areas of opportunity to improve processes to drive efficiencies.
- Foreign trade, logistics or administration degree or equivalent.
- 5+ years work experience in supply chain, procurement, international trade and logistics.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with suppliers and colleagues.
- Ability to understand organizational changes and work to translate those into specific solutions.
- Exceptional decision-making and analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability skills for a constantly changing environment.
- Solution driven personality.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace