Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
As part of the software team, you must ensure that the software used in the plant for the manufacturing and acceptance process of the satellites and their components, is functioning in accordance with the requirements. The team is operating in conjunction with the Satellogic engineering team.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As the Software Leader you will understand the different parts of the software and their functionalities. These are mainly for the function of the satellite acceptance software and its components
Greater Rotterdam / Delft Area – At Satellogic we encourage virtual collaboration and teaming across our distributed global workforce and pride ourselves in our flexible and autonomous work culture. For roles that support teams with physical presence in our manufacturing plant we would expect a degree of on-site presence.
- Manage inventory of software components
- Ensure the correct storage, versioning and maintenance of said components
- Support technical teams in the use of the software
- Identify problems in the software or in its use, analyze its origin, correct it and report it to the corresponding person in charge.
- Timely escalation of a problem if it cannot be fixed locally.
- Follow up on reported issues until they are solved in the production plant.
- Work in coordination with the Plant IT and all production involved teams.
- Propose solutions or new approaches in the production environment.
- Managing the budget and schedule of the team
- Mentoring and development of team members to fulfill the strategic necessity of the company.
Experience & requirements
- Engineer degree or equivalent.
- Experience in programming with Python, Domain of LINUX software systems (Debian), knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, Use of GitLab.
- At least 3 or more years of experience working in technical environments with related topics supervising people.
- Leadership skills and leadership experience (leading a minimum of 3 / 5 people)
- Knowledge in electronics and / or experience in electronic or electromechanical manufacturing companies is valued.
- Focus on Solutions: Ability to search for solutions, exploring different alternatives permanently and prioritize accordingly.
- Hands on and proactive person, ready to solve problems and accept new challenges
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and manage complex information
- Direction, Planning and decision making: Establish and communicate all the objectives, actions and expectations for the performance of each employee at all levels.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace