Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
As an Attitude and Orbit Control Systems (AOCS) Engineer you will own the subsystem design: manage requirements, define the subsystem verification plan and specification, perform trade studies of different AOCS systems, and own and trade budgets (raw pointing knowledge, pointing error, pointing drift, power, mass, envelope, reliability, etc).
- Technically lead the AOCS subsystem activities focusing on design.
- Be the primary technical point of contact responsible for the subsystem on a project, interfacing with other subsystems engineers.
- Interpret mission specific and spacecraft system level requirements and establish the baseline technical requirements for the AOCS subsystem.
- Budget lower level technical requirements (delta-v, agility, attitude sensors performance)
- Provide 3rd level technical support solving asynchronous issues with the operation of the constellation
- Prepare/update/present subsystem design analysis documentation for design reviews throughout the project life cycle milestones & reviews.
- Establish integration and test plans and requirements for the subsystem development.
- Provide technical input to future developments and contribute to continuous improvement of products, systems and processes.
- Oversee the AOCS subsystem manufacture and AIT activities.
- Manage any anomalies or non-conformances occurring throughout the project life cycle and present NCRs.
- BSc in Aerospace Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- Background or coursework in controls, estimation theory, attitude or orbital mechanics will be valued.
- 3+ years of experience in AOCS or Systems Engineering
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze problems and search for solutions, always exploring multiple alternatives.
- Communication: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in excellent English at all hierarchical levels.
- Organization: Excellent people, time, and risk management skills.
- Systems Thinking: Understanding trade-offs, basic engineering, and budgets.
- Attitude: Empathy, initiative, accountability.