Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the team
As camera operability engineer you will be part of the Focal Plane team. The team is responsible for the electronics and surrounding parts of the main payload of our satellites.
Our mission is to define and execute the technological roadmap to meet our client’s requirements, and support its manufacturing & operation.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the job
As the camera operability engineer you will:
- Be in charge of the camera lifecycle in orbit, from launch to decommissioning.
- Be the main contact point for the team in charge of the satellite operation, for camera related issues.
- Support the continuous improvement of operation and monitoring processes.
- Maintain the camera operability: User manual, datasheet, API, etc.
- Design and run in-orbit experiments, collect results and report them appropriately.
The preferred location is Buenos Aires. Other options may be considered.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ years working with highly integrated systems and interdisciplinary teams (e.g. electronics, software, optics, mechanics, etc.)
- 2+ years work experience in technical support of complex systems to internal clients.
- 2+ Experience in software interfaces development
- Excellent English
- Python programming language
- Linux ecosystem
- GIT Code version control system
- Experience interacting with internal clients
- Systemic vision: understand the architecture of complex systems, seek for the system level optimization.
- Ability to understand and manage discrepancies and tradeoffs by exploring different alternatives and points of view.
- Communication: excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Initiative: identify improvement opportunities, provide feedback, design solutions.
- Flexibility and agility: be comfortable with an ever-changing and fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- QoS & SLA
- Spanish is a plus
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.