Leading provider of high resolution satellite imagery
Satellogic is a leading provider of high resolution satellite imagery to governments and commercial customers worldwide. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation and product platform deliver imagery data at the right cost. Satellogic’s satellite engineers, operators and product specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day.
Today, we are a global company with more than 200 employees in over 15 locations, at an inflection point in terms of growth and scale. We value team members with a sense of purpose who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning — all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
The Mission Manager is a member of Satellogic’s Mission & Operations group. This group receives manufactured satellites at our factory’s door, performs the launch campaigns, operates the satellites in orbit and outputs raw (L0) imagery data for data processing by the Data Product group.
The Mission Manager is ultimately accountable for the success of the launch campaigns. This entails two distinct modes of operation:
The first, between launch campaigns (typically 3-6 months), includes interaction with launch service provides, internal satellite engineering groups and manufacturing facilities, and entails the following responsibilities:
- Define proper mechanical/electrical interfaces and launch configurations.
- Translate mission/engineering requirements into specifications for launch vehicles.
- Develop deliverables required by launchers.
- Prepare applicable regulatory documents.
- Translate launch vehicle requirements (e.g. mechanical environment, orbit injection constraints) into technical satellite specifications.
- Define proper shipping schedules and requirements to ensure satellites are delivered on time and safely to the launch site.
- Design a proper launch campaign plan according to needs, and launch vehicle and launch site constraints.
- Assemble a suitable team for the specific needs of a particular launch.
- Define and procure the Ground Support Equipment to execute operations at the launch site.
- Develop contingency plans for critical operations that are performed during the launch campaign.
The second is managing the launch campaign at the launch site, with a team of engineers. A launch campaign typically takes 2-3 weeks, and involves coordinating team tasks, responding to expected and unexpected issues, in sometimes high intensity circumstances. Managing the launch campaign includes the following responsibilities:
- Execute the defined launch campaign plan.
- Make decisions daily to adapt the plan to dynamic circumstances in coordination with the launch vehicle provider, launch site and engineering teams.
- Provide the launch campaign team all necessary resources to execute the operations.
- Ensure that launch campaign activities are performed in accordance with the highest quality and safety standards.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
Location: Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Office locations include Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Barcelona, Tel Aviv.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related fields.
- Proven track record of working on complex projects under pressure and with strict deadlines and need for quick decision making.
- 5+ years of technical leadership and project management experience in electrical, mechanical or aerospace engineering, or related fields.
- Strong English spoken and written communication skills. Ability to represent the company.
- Availability for frequent travel to launch and manufacturing sites internationally (United States, China, Uruguay, Russia, India, among others).
- Autonomous, purpose-driven, humble, flexible, and eager to learn.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.