Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the Job
For this role in the Platform and Infrastructure team we are looking for someone who stays abreast of the latest tools, technologies, and developments in the security space. The ideal candidate is versed working with security and vulnerability scanning tools.
We are looking for a person who cares and continuously learns about security practices and tools, preferably has experience with DevSecOps roles and is familiar with modern development processes and practices.
As a Security Operations Engineer, you will be part of the team responsible for:
- Configuring, monitoring and responding to alerts in security portals (Azure, AWS, Elastic Observability).
- Preventing, detecting, and responding to data security incidents and threats to the enterprise from internal and external vectors
- Implementing, automating and integrating security policies and products into processes like CI/CD pipelines, code reviews, development cycle, etc.
- Implementing and operating security and vulnerability scanning tools targeting code and package repositories, CI/CD pipelines or APIs.
- Collaborate with engineers on secure development techniques by performing security design reviews on new and existing software and infrastructure
- Network, Devices and Software inventory management and automation.
- Working in partnership with the CTO, Legal, Compliance, and IT on solutions to meet requirements and to address risks
- Configuration, deployment and maintenance of security and privacy policies and products across networks, applications, and devices.
What we value:
- At least 3 years of experience working with security-related technologies and products
- Passion for security in particular and technology in general
- Experience working with public cloud providers and in mixed, distributed environments
- Familiarity with container-related technologies and orchestrators
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Background working with complex infrastructure and/or software systems
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers and architects about software architecture.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate complex ideas, plans and business cases. Excellent English.
- Purpose-driven, resourceful and able to deliver results autonomously.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.