Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost.
About the company
Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
Satellogic’s low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost. The company makes sense of the data so customers can focus on the big decisions at hand.
Our satellite engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We bring space down to earth for large enterprises and governments of all sizes who need to see for themselves how our world is changing.
Satellogic. Now you see.
About the team
The Digital Image Processing and Quality team is responsible for fully automated delivery of L1 level products from L0 satellite images. The team deploys different processing pipelines into production, using the algorithm suite we develop, accounting for satellite maneuver specificities and requested product types. Our mission is to provide high quality georeferenced and radiometrically accurate L1 level images, that enable our internal and external customers to extract high levels of insights and information.
The team includes software developers, GIS and computer vision specialists and radiometric engineers. The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds. The team includes people from Argentina, Brazil, France, Israel, Spain, Uruguay and the US.
About the job
As a Software Engineer for satellite image processing applications, you will work in Satellogic’s DIPAQ team to ensure code performance and quality, develop new image processing algorithms that assess and enhance image quality, and develop a new product from individual L1 level images. As part of your responsibility you will need to:
- Analyze, adapt and optimize code and structure. You will collaborate with team members to have fully tested production level code.
- Understand satellite image sensor technology and factors that impact the quality of an image. Develop metrics and correction algorithms to achieve better image resolution, contrast, and signal to noise ratio.
- Develop a new product based on several individual L1 level images – a “seamless mosaic”. It will have high consistency through the different product quality metrics, i.e geo-reference alignment, radiometric accuracy and visual intensity homogeneity.
You will be working with multidisciplinary teams of system, optical and electronics engineers with the mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many influences that reshape it every day.
You have experience in image processing and image processing pipelines in a production environment. You have hands-on experience with Statistical Image Processing, Geographic Information Systems, and corrections applied to imagery. You have meaningful experience in software engineering of complex systems and have mastered software engineering best practices. You have strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Degree in Physics, Computer Science, Remote Sensing or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in image processing, preferably in satellite and/or aerial applications.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer.
- Advanced knowledge in image processing algorithms
- Proficiency in Python and/or C++ especially when applied to image processing pipelines.
- Purpose driven and results oriented.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Fluent in English
- Good communication skills, open minded and teamwork player
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are actively committed to hiring, developing and promoting top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We pride ourselves in building an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and a cover letter (both are required).