Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Insight Layers team within the Data Product group is focused on adding an additional value to satellogic imagery by using computer vision and advanced AI techniques.
The team’s purpose is to build and to maintain a set of value added data layers that fulfill the needs of internal and external clients. Projects include applications of object detection and semantic segmentation on satellite images, image enhancement, video object tracking and colorization, among others. The team includes computer vision and deep learning experts and software engineers.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
As a Geospatial Data Scientist for satellite image processing applications, you will work in Satellogic’s Insight Layers team to ensure code performance and quality, and develop scalable and optimal production processors.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Cordoba (ARG)
- Develop new AI-based and computer vision models for Object Detection, Semantic Segmentation and/or Image Enhancement.
- Design and implement quality metrics for AI-based models in production.
- Analyze and optimize code related to AI-based models. You will collaborate with other team members to generate fully tested production level code.
- You will be working with multidisciplinary teams of system, optical and electronics engineers with the mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many influences that reshape it every day.
You have hands-on experience with Deep Learning based Computer Vision models. Additionally, you are familiar with geographic information systems. You have meaningful experience in software engineering of complex systems and have mastered software engineering best practices. You have strong problem analysis and solving skills, with logical thinking, clear reasoning, and detail-oriented mindset.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, Remote Sensing or related fields.
- At least 4 years of experience in computer vision and/or deep learning for semantic segmentation and object detection projects.
- Demonstrable experience in software engineering of complex systems and to have mastered software engineering best practices
- Proficiency in Python and experience with any machine/deep learning frameworks (Pytorch
- Knowledge of computer vision libraries (i.e PIL, opencv)
- Experience creating containerized applications with Docker
- Advance English proficiency level
What we value
- Experience in image processing applied in satellite and/or aerial applications.
- Experience using ML automation environments like AWS Sagemaker
- Experience with Kubernetes as ML/AI execution environment
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace