Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the position
As a Python Developer you will be part of the Data Collection Team, working next to Operators and Flight Engineers in order to automate their tasks and provide them APIs, libraries, tools and systems to be able to operate our extremely growing satellite fleet 24/7.
The main activities related to the Python Developer role are:
- Design, develop and support software tools that help monitoring, operation and maintenance of our fleet.
- Design, develop and support the external APIs to interact with other teams within the company or 3rd party applications.
- Design, develop and support the internal APIs that internal groups use to perform monitoring and maintenance on the in-orbit satellites.
- Identify and suggest opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality.
- Work side-by-side with the Operators (the team responsible to monitor the fleet 24/7) to understand their problems and provide solutions that simplify their work and maximize reliability and availability of the fleet.
- Work side-by-side with Flight Engineers to design tools to automate maintenance procedures on our satellites and quality assurance processes of the imagery we deliver.
- Mitigate service malfunctions, promptly raising the issue with the rest of the team if needed.
- Eventual participation in Data Collection Team on-call rotations with the goal of ensuring high reliability and availability of our production infrastructure.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Montevideo, Barcelona, Tel Aviv.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field of study or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering skills in Python/Django.
- Solid coding practices and design patterns.
- Experience developing and consuming APIs.
- Experience with Python testing frameworks.
- Purpose driven and results oriented.
- Fluent in English.
- Good communication skills, open minded and teamwork player.
What we value
- Experience with:
- ETL frameworks (Apache Airflow).
- Elastic stack and InfluxDB.
- CI/CD processes and development.
- Git repositories (Gitlab, Github).
- Production infrastructure, *nix.
- Monitoring and alerting systems.
- Containers, infrastructure as code and cloud providers (Azure, AWS).
- Familiarity with agile best practices.
- Focus on Operation: Attitude to help fixing mission critical problems.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace