Satellogic - Bringing space down to earth. We are building the first scalable earth observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at both high-frequency and high-resolution.
About the company
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth’s surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
About the job
As a Remote Sensing Technician you will work within the product and customer support team to ensure satellite tasking needs, image product quality, customer requirements and delivery standards are met. You will also work closely with our engineering teams to ensure those requirements are taken into account. Your tasks include image quality control, satellite tasking, prioritizing and managing of customer requests, creating databases and writing documentation as well as user guides.
You will be working with a highly diverse team of over 170 engineers, AI experts, and solution specialists on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day
The preferred location is Barcelona. Other options can be considered.
You have experience in satellite image processing and a fundamental understanding of remote sensing. You have experience interacting with consumers of satellite imagery and understand their needs. You have strong problem analysis and solving skills, knowledge of database systems and proven coding skills, preferably Python.
- BSc degree in Remote Sensing, Image Science, Photogrammetry, Astronomy, Physics, Computer Science or another related field
- At least 2 years of hands-on/working experience
- Experience in satellite and/or aerial image processing, photogrammetry and GIS
- Experience interacting with users of satellite imagery
- Proficiency in Python
- Developing and managing database systems
- Experience in image quality assessment
- Basic knowledge of image processing algorithms for optical remote sensing systems
- Good knowledge of English
- Familiarity with commercial remote sensing software
- Knowledge of the current EO market
- Experience with hyperspectral imagery
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
In order to apply, send us your updated CV and acover letter.