Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
About the team
The Systems Engineering team is in charge of the design of new satellite models, the architecture of new features in the existing spacecraft models, the negotiation of technical system requirements, the requirement verification plan and specification, and the management and definition of systems budgets and interfaces.
About the position
As a Satellite Communication Systems Engineer you will own the design of a subsystem: manage requirements, lead the conceptual design phase, perform trade studies of different architectures, establish Technical Performance Measures (TPMs), specify the subsystem verification plan, own and trade system budgets, and manage and organize technical work packages.
Remote work from anywhere between UTC-5 and UTC+3 time zones. Satellogic’s office locations include Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Montevideo, Cordoba (ARG)
- Technically lead the communications subsystem activities.
- Be the primary technical point of contact responsible for the subsystem on any project, interfacing with other systems engineers (Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal, etc).
- Budget lower level technical requirements (link budgeting, power, mass, envelope, etc)
- Interpret mission specific and spacecraft system level requirements and establish the baseline technical requirements for the subsystem.
- Lead the concept design phase and establish key TPMs for trade-off analysis during early stages of the project
- Prepare/update/present subsystem design analysis documentation for design reviews throughout the project life cycle milestones & reviews.
- Establish integration and test plans and requirements for the subsystem development.
- Provide technical input to future developments and contribute to continuous improvement of products, systems and processes.
- Oversee the subsystem manufacturing and AIT activities.
- Identify, assess, and track technical risks for each mission.
- Manage any anomalies or non-conformances occurring throughout the project life cycle and present WAVs, DEVs or NCRs.
- BSc in Electrical or Communications Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience designing communications systems (analog, digital, or software based)
- Experience in Python will be an advantage.
- Technical skills: RF/microwave systems, digital signal processing techniques and protocols, modulation schemes, link budget, error coding and wireless data communication standards.
- Problem solving: Ability to analyze problems and search for solutions, always exploring multiple alternatives.
- Communication: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in excellent English at all hierarchical levels.
- Organization: Excellent people, time, and risk management skills.
- Systems Thinking: Understanding trade-offs, basic engineering, and budgets.
- Attitude: Empathy, initiative, accountability.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace