Leveraging space technology to improve life on Earth
Satellogic is a leading provider of high resolution satellite imagery to governments and commercial customers worldwide. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation and product platform deliver imagery data at the right cost. Satellogic’s satellite engineers, operators and product specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day.
Today, we are a global company with more than 200 employees in over 15 locations, at an inflection point in terms of growth and scale. We value team members with a sense of purpose who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning — all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
As a member of the Data Collection team, you will be responsible for the development of monitoring, analysis, operation and maintenance of systems and tools aimed to maximize the throughput, quality and reliability of a growing constellation of satellites while minimizing downtime and manual intervention. You will work closely with Flight Engineers and Satellite Operators to identify the most pressing issues, bottlenecks and the most profitable opportunities for improvement.
- Design, develop and maintain real time monitoring, analysis, operation and maintenance software for the satellite constellation.
- Write scalable, reusable and testable code according to the best software development practices.
- Identify issues, bottlenecks and opportunities for improvement.
- Serve as a lead Software Engineer for the Data Collection team.
Skills and qualifications
Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related fields.
5+ years of software engineering experience in Python.
Experience in distributed version control (preferably GIT).
Proficient spoken and written English.
What we value
- Self-direction, flexibility, and eagerness to learn.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems.
- Experience with working with containers, infrastructure as code and cloud providers (Azure, AWS).
- Experience developing REST APIs, Django/Flask frameworks desirable.
- Experience in data handling and machine learning libraries (pandas and scikit-learn)
- Experience with production infrastructure, *nix.