Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust.
About the company
Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth’s surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small inexpensive satellites that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
About the job
We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
We don’t just look for your technical knowledge or abilities. Above all else, we look for people! Before we start talking about languages, frameworks or design patterns, we expect you to be a team player with a never ending learning attitude and an improvement seeker.
You should also be a proactive and collaborative problem solver that can discuss creative technical solutions to design challenges, you should possess an outstanding eye for detail and execution, eager to learn and mentor others.
- Be well versed in style sheet languages such as Sass/SCSS
- Experience with code driven animations & transitions
- Experience with testing libraries
- Experience working with back-end engineering teams to define and implement website features
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries.
- Experience with task automation (NPM, Gulp).
- Solid knowledge of modern frameworks (React, Vue), libraries and tools
- Solid grasp of interfacing with RESTful APIs
- Deliver both code and test cases for features that you are responsible for.
- Good understanding of agile methodologies and practices
- Excellent English language and communication skills
- Proactive mentality, flexible, open-minded and a team-player attitude
- Experience building and managing Design systems
- Experience with Docker
- Knowledge on data visualization
- Experience with GIS systems, satellite imagery and location data
- Experience with MobX, GraphQL, CI/CD, Python
Ideally, you are based in Barcelona area or Buenos Aires area, but for this vacancy we are open to consider remote candidates living abroad.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
In order to apply, send us your updated CV and a cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with Machine Learning algorithms and programming languages (both are required). Position is with the Data Science and Solutions team.