Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost.
About the company
Satellogic is a leading provider of high resolution satellite imagery to governments and commercial customers worldwide. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation and product platform deliver imagery data at the right cost. Satellogic’s satellite engineers, operators and product specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day.
Today, we are a global company with more than 200 employees in over 15 locations, at an inflection point in terms of growth and scale. We value team members with a sense of purpose who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning — all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the job
For this role in the Platform and Infrastructure team, we are looking for an experienced Cloud engineer with expertise architecting complex distributed solutions, who is always looking to learn about new technologies.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about infrastructure architecture, cloud-native solution design, containers and similar technologies.
Location: Argentina, Spain, Uruguay, Israel, US or Remote.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and review of architectures, and deployment of services in cloud environments.
- Evaluation of cloud strategy and platform architecture.
- Gathering system requirements, working together with application architects and owners, collaborating with software engineers to enable their applications to run on cloud-native infrastructure.
- Generating scripts and templates required for automatic provisioning of resources, using Infrastructure as Code.
- Discovering standard cloud service offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of such offerings.
- Debugging technical issues inside a complex stack, involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Establishment, maintenance and evolution of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new projects.
What we value:
- Deep understanding of containerized solutions and their orchestration, especially using Kubernetes.
- Experience (ideally certified) working with public cloud providers like AWS and Azure.
- Deep understanding of networking and storage technologies both in the cloud and on-premises environments.
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems administration, support and security.
- Good English communication skills
- Communication: excellent ability to communicate oral and written information.
- Direction: adequately perform all assignments having direct, close and frequent communication with their colleagues.
- Focus on Solutions: Ability to search for solutions, exploring different alternatives permanently.
- Ability to work independently and also to work and collaborate with others.
- Get It Done
- Be Purpose Driven
- Never Stop Learning
- Push The Limits
- Go Beyond Ego
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with the position described in this Job Description.