Satellogic is the first vertically integrated geospatial analytics company, driving real outcomes for its customers with planetary-scale insights they can trust. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation, platform, and data science teams work together to deliver end-to-end solutions at the right cost.
About the company
Satellogic is a leading provider of high resolution satellite imagery to governments and commercial customers worldwide. Our low-Earth-orbit satellite constellation and product platform deliver imagery data at the right cost. Satellogic’s satellite engineers, operators and product specialists are on a mission to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day.
Today, we are a global company with more than 200 employees in over 15 locations, at an inflection point in terms of growth and scale. We value team members with a sense of purpose who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning — all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team
The Structures team is responsible for structural dynamics across all satellite modules and programs at Satellogic.
As a structural engineer you will analyze, design, develop and test structures or components for aerospace use.
The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the job
Based on your previous experience, you will be assigned to different projects ongoing in parallel. In these projects, you will provide engineering expertise to colleagues as it relates to design parts and assemblies for use in space in line with structural requirements. You will also build finite element models and perform coupled loads analysis on the spacecraft together with modal and dynamic response analysis. Likewise, you will be responsible for the design of numerous structures, validation and testing correlation.
To do so, you will gather requirements and evaluate launcher environments together with the modal behavior of the structure in orbit. You will develop documentation to a high standard, identifying technical risks and ensure the progress of different projects related to structural design.
You will be reporting to the Head of Structure Engineering alongside the Project Manager of your assigned projects.
Location: Argentina, Spain, Uruguay or Remote.
You have vast experience in structural analysis using analytical and computational tools employing a ground-up, fundamental physics approach to problem solving. You are an expert in finite element modeling, including static, dynamic and thermoelastic analysis as well as model dynamic correlation against physical tests results.
You are proficient in analysis and you have hands-on experience designing, verifying and testing aerospace components. You are expected to show a thorough understanding of structural mechanics and dynamics. You are capable of leading projects with autonomy while mentoring colleagues in a broad range of areas.
You have strong technical and interpersonal skills and you thrive in a creative and collaborative environment.
- 5+ years of experience in the execution of structural analysis in the mechanical design and aerospace field.
- Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Experience in finite element analysis (FEA) for structural solutions on NX Nastran and FEMAP.
- Advanced use of CAD software, preferably CATIA V5R19.
- Design of complex structures and systems.
- Hands-on experience in structural dynamic testing.
- Experience in thermal solutions and moving mechanisms is an asset.
- Proficient use of CATIA V5R19, NX 8 and MatLab software.
- FE models design and analysis.
- Firm knowledge of dynamic structural behaviour together with structural and thermal design.
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and test, including a fundamental understanding of strength, stability and fatigue failure mechanisms.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Language: Fluent English.
What we value:
- Communication: Ability to communicate oral and written information at all levels.
- Focus on Solutions: Ability to search for solutions, exploring different alternatives permanently.
- Organization: Manage your resources properly, establishing priorities and dates of compliance. This also includes the capacity to prevent possible risks in the achievement of the goals.
- Respect and support all employees.
- Identify the best action plan to improve and prevent critical failures and to properly monitor performance.
- Ability to understand, conform and manage all differences and discrepancies by making decisions and proposing alternative solutions.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work. In order to apply, send us your updated CV and cover letter explaining your level of familiarity with structural design and analysis