We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline.
We are looking for a Software Manger to join our Satellite Manufacturing team. The successful candidate will work in our production plant at Zonamerica facilities located in Montevideo, Uruguay. The mission of this position is to manage and control the software used to produce satellites and testing its correct functioning. This position reports to the Plant Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Implement and optimize software apps for satellite production.
- Development good practices, routines, and innovating solutions for improvement of the efficiency and quality results.
- Purchase and install hardware for the manufacturing processes.
- Build technical interface with the Engineering Team.
- Elaborate operations documents and instructions to the related area
- Administrate the equipment for the users.
- Collaborate in plant´s infrastructure maintenance.
- Lead safe behaviour practices.
- Transmit to the team members the company’s culture, values, and the customer´s internal/external context to facilitate the relations with their interlocutors.
- In general, any requirement related to the area.
What we value
- Advanced Software Engineering’s degree or equivalent
- 3 years or more experience in IT administration
- 5 years or more experience leading software development projects
- 3 years or more experience in Python, C#, C++, or Java
- Solid experience in Linux and networks administration
- Advanced level of English
- Good communication skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Responsibility and ability to coordinate multiple tasks effectively
- Experience in operational procedures is a plus
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
We call MAITE to the Facility in which the satellites are constructed. The acronym stands for Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration, Test and Export.
In MAITE we receive and accept all the parts for our satellites, integrate them into subsystems and then integrate the whole satellite before performing environmental and functional tests, packing it and shipping it to the launch site.