Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 400 employees spanning 12 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team:
We are a dynamic and heterogeneous team of professionals, owning all aspects of the corporate infrastructure. This infrastructure supports critical systems performing a variety of missions including satellite operations, data processing, satellite manufacturing, as well as supporting employees and internal needs. We design, implement and monitor a wide range of systems and assets across the globe. We get things done and never stop learning.
About the position:
As a Sr IT Administrator, you will oversee a wide range of systems and network infrastructure, on-premise and on the cloud. You will be responsible for the performance of the systems, and for keeping it aligned with our security policies. You will design and implement key systems and services along with evangelizing on best practices among the team members.
- Support Linux Server operating systems by identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving incidents.
- Collaborate with teams to evaluate systems performance and monitor production environments
- Perform discovery and requirements analysis for new system features, analysis of current system capabilities and limitations and design/engineer/integrate new system capabilities to meet requirements.
- Create, use and maintain systems technical documentation and system security plans.
- Respond to system faults, analyzing and correcting applications or errors to reestablish service
- Configuring and overseeing various aspects of the IT initiatives before deployment and coordinating with cross-functional teams including DevOps engineering and other operations teams
- Perform scheduled patch management tasks and troubleshoot and resolve related issues/incidents.
- Ensure the timely and smooth progress of systems related projects are in line with timelines, budget, and requirements.
- Define systems capacity planning for on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate in managing the systems and HW inventory for all company locations.
- Work in a fast paced environment with ambitious goals and passionate co-workers
- Collaborate with helpdesk support tasks
- 5+ years of proven professional and technical experience as a System Administrator in heterogeneous environments.
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix/Windows operating systems, automation tools, storage and file systems.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace administration.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware) and cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Proficiency with Cloud and on-premise networking (Switching, VLANS, VPN, VPC, routing protocols).
- Experience in Scripting (python, bash).
- Ability to prioritize issues and to quickly find solutions.
- English proficiency, spoken and written required.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.