Chips. Products. Systems
SatixFy is looking for a System Engineer to lead the system activities of the next generation of communication payloads. In this position, you will be responsible for system level definition, implementation and validation of advanced communication payloads. You will work closely with our engineering team to deliver a regenerative payload coupled to electronically steerable multibeam antennas based on our ASIC technologies.
- Generate system, sub-system and product and software level requirements, specifications and interface definitions.
- Perform payload design trade-offs.
- Analyse system level performance requirements to allocated subsystems/components requirement.
- Enable technology maturation and risk reduction plans for critical payload elements and satellite subsystems.
- Support business development and proposal activities for multiple payload programs and customers.
- Conduct specification trade-off negotiations with customers and engineers.
- Responsible for the design to meet the specifications and where there are discrepancies negotiate and resolve them with customers.
- Provide in-orbit operational support.
- Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Degree in relevant engineering or related field. Master’s degree or Doctorate preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and analyse technical requirements, perform trade studies, conduct major design reviews (e.g. EQSR, PDR, CDR, DRB, etc.) and allocate functions down to subsystems and hardware/software.
- Ability to write proposals to RFIs, including developing presentations to describe the technical approach in a clear manner.
- 5+ years of experience with satellite communications technologies, beneficial to understand technologies such as; phased array antennas, digital processing, DVBS2X standard, beam hopping, link budgets.
- Extensive end-to-end satellite communications payload design experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with customers, management, and peers.
- Experience of working with ESA processes and projects would be highly beneficial.