Virgin Galactic (VG) is on track to become the world’s first private spaceline. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop orbital flights for space tourism and other commercial applications. VG is seeking an industry leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, fueled by innovation and collaboration with emphasis on forward thinking.
Virgin Galactic has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self-starter, and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Who you are
Virgin Galactic is seeking an entry level Security Operations Specialist with strong organizational skills, flexibility supporting a changing environment, and a passion for customer service and supporting the team! The purpose of this role will be to support test and commercial flight operations, visitor control for all facilities, assist in the employee training and awareness programs, security program review and auditing.
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Primary point of contact for site visitor control procedures and general access control
- Ability to support as the security point of contact in an operations center environment
- Works closely with the Security Team to review and update security policies
- Provides assistance with security investigations, report writing and root cause analysis
- Assists in maintaining metrics and monitoring the health of the security program through audits
- Able to utilize multiple security and emergency systems like CCTV and access control to support operations
- Willing to support field operations as needed
- Ability to be liaison between multiple teams, gather data, identify risks and schedule conflicts
- Support tours, special event planning, schedule coordination involving multiple groups, and building a schedule to support operations 3 to 6 months out
- Support Safety, Emergency Response, Family Assistance and Medical Team integration with Security operations
- Assist planning for operations in a unique environment that requires development while embracing company culture
- Supports security flight day schedules and coordinating team needs to support the operation
- Support for security training and awareness program, and assist maintaining the development of the current security training plan
What you bring
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in conducting investigations
- Familiarity using different types of security access control systems and CCTV is preferred
- Airline or aerospace experience
Physical and Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work outside regular working hours or weekends as required to support operations
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment. Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs (unassisted)
- Excellent computer skills, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Applicants must be “U.S. persons” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
What you bring
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a related field or combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in supporting security operations, training programs, policy and procedure writing and development, and/or special event planning/coordination in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to gather data from multiple teams and maintain organization
- Experience in event or special event planning
- Ability to communicate across all organizations within the company
- Must be able to maintain a professional attitude
- Strong team player with a positive attitude
Is This Job Right For You?
You must be interested in advancing the state of commercial space technology, specifically ground breaking, cost effective, passenger carrying, rocket propulsion systems. The Virgin Galactic spaceline is to set the gold standard for safety, reliability and performance.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VG and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.