It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
We have an opportunity to join the Business Performance Analysis Team for fixed-term period of 12 months to cover a team member’s maternity and parental leave.
In this position you will be working as part of the FP&A team and acting as Business Performance Analyst. You will responsible for developing new data models and financial reports for the Financial Department as well as supporting the FP&A team in the planning activities. The Business Performance Analysis Team is used to enhance the internal reporting processes to allow a more focused analysis of financial and operational KPIs.
- Act as key contact person for new reporting requirements in the Finance Department
- Translate Business requirements into technical requirements and act as the main link between the Finance Department and Business Application Team
- Provide support to the Finance Department by developing and maintaining new data models and reports
- Provide guidance to the Finance Department to ensure proper reporting and accurate process
- Analyze data and process to identify business issues and bottle necks
- Responsible for the FP&A planning and reporting tools
- Manage internal processes during planning activities by preparing and maintaining data models and input templates
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to analyses large data set with an attention to detail
- High level of curiosity to gain understanding of key business processes and data flows
- Articulate ideas and concepts to further enhance internal processes
- Ability to differentiate between Business and Technical requirements
- Able to plan own time carefully and prioritize
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Computer Informatics, Finance/Economics with Computer Science qualifications or Computer Science with Finance qualifications (Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 2 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong MS Excel skill with a good understanding of VBA
- Basic understanding of a programming language and database structures
- Experience with MS Power BI or similar Reporting tools
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!