Located in Luxembourg City, ispace Europe S.A. is a subsidiary of ispace inc., and is the company’s newest regional office. We are a small, agile, and highly determined team willing to go the extra distance to pave the way for a new frontier in space. Working at ispace Europe will require the ability to thrive in the unknown, an eagerness to be a pioneer in a new industry, and a willingness to work in an international, intercultural, and interdisciplinary environment. We invite motivated, talented, and hardworking individuals to join us for an exciting new challenge.
ispace Europe is looking for a highly motivated and talented Business Development Officer to join its team in Luxembourg City. The person who fills this position will be responsible for identifying new revenue-generating opportunities, developing strong business partnerships, and building bridges between customers, engineers, and managers at ispace.
- Close lunar transportation, sponsorship, and data solutions sales with governmental and commercial customers
- Manage business and technical relationships with existing and new industry and government customers
- Develop and maintain customer relationship to help ensure the future growth of the company
- Assess competitor capabilities and offerings in order to understand the competitiveness of ispace’s market position
- Work with the cross-functional teams to gather information on technical feasibility of projects, gather buy-in from the stakeholders, and drive new opportunities from negotiation to execution
- Write, lead, and win grants and proposals for the European Space Agency, Horizon 2020, European Commission, and Luxembourg National Programs and frameworks
- Identify and evaluate potential business opportunities and strategic partnerships within the lunar transportation and mining business
- Carry out market research in order to develop strategies and roadmaps for sales of ispace products and to secure more business relations
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and various sales tools
- Assist the management team in communications, marketing, resourcing, budgeting, and problem-solving activities
- Masters Degree (or equivalent)
- 5+ years’ experience in business development or similar
- Knowledge and Experience with Horizon 2020, European Space Agency, European Commission and/or Luxinnovation Project/Grants Development
- Sales, Negotiation and/or lobbying experience
- Excellent project, time, and budget management skills, and being able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing attention to detail
- A mixture of high energy, flexibility and team orientation with a direct, honest, and respectful approach to problem solving
- The ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a high-growth, start-up culture
- Must show initiative, leadership, and positive can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Fluency in English
- Other languages a bonus
Should you be interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter.