The Senior Contracts Specialist position involves providing contract administration and commercial expertise in order to maximize revenue and profits while minimizing risk to the company.
- Ensure that the Company is aware of its obligations in order to comply with contractual requirements, is either properly paid or honours its financial commitments, and that customers and subcontractors discharge their obligations to the Company.
- Formulates, presents and executes agreement documents covering large and complex sales contracts, teaming, cooperation, confidentiality, licensing, personal services consulting, representative (agency) and subcontracts for both sales and procurements
- Provides thorough and timely review of documents drafted by other parties identifying, evaluating and mitigating commercial risk to the company.
- Negotiates contracts, subcontracts and amendments with the customer and subcontractors. Travel as required.
- Assists business area management with project execution plans and provides inputs for risk mitigation plan and project processes
- Review and advise on contractual requirements expressed in Request for Proposals/Quotations, prepares checklists and draft a compliance matrix and exception statements, or contracts, for incorporation into the Company’s proposal to a potential customer
- Keep accurate, easily accessible and complete records of the Company’s contractual an business matters assigned to your scope of work activities.
- Keep documented records of commitments made and understanding between the Company and its customers, subcontractors or suppliers.
- Maintain a good understanding of the processes used by the Company to monitor its day to day affairs and follow those processes (e.g. contract approval, timesheet recording, performance reporting)
- Stay informed and make others aware of the business area’s procurement activities, procedures and policies at all times
- Ensure that the Business Area is cognizant of the requirement to have these agreements properly expressed and executed in a timely manner to protect the interests of the Business Area as well as the Company.
- Reports changes and risks to manager and business area management.
- 5 to 10 years related experience in a high-tech, aerospace or government procurement/contract environment is required.
- Pertinent experience in contractual law.
- Possess effective negotiating, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong presentation skills are an asset.
- Must be prepared to travel to support Company business activities and participate in or lead agreement negotiations
- Degree in law or business administration or equivalent experience.
- Sr. Contract Specialist
Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company’s retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.