About us: It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
ROLE DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The position is responsible for executing development activities on the ServiceNow platform. Additionally, the incumbent will take a leading role on all development activities and train less experienced colleagues.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / KEY RESULT AREAS
- Responsible for the design, test, implementation and documentation of executed development activities on the ServiceNow platform
- Take a leading and expert role in all development activities within the team, especially in system architecture related topics
- Work together with IT and business units to gather requirements, translate them in development stories and implement them based on ITIL and ServiceNow best practices
- Drive the enhancement of the ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management in coordination with the module owner in the DTO (Digital Transformation Office)
- Monitor the health and security status of the instance, and take necessary preventive actions
- Support and train the less experienced developers
- Act as the team’s expert in all Service Portal front end design maters
- Coordinate escalations to ServiceNow support via ServiceNow HI self-service portal
- Recommend new technologies, functionalities and processes on the ServiceNow platform
- Ensure assigned project tasks required for the development, test and implementation are completed on schedule
- Perform all other tasks as required
- Strong logical and analytical thinking
- Results oriented with a pragmatic service delivery approach
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment under tight timelines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to communicate the business value of IT standards and structured approach
- Detail oriented with a proven ability to self-motivate and follow-through on tasks
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact with all organization stakeholders
- Willingness to integrate in international teams and working environment
- Openness for new technologies and readiness for change
- Stress resistant and able to manage multiple tasks at the same time
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of proven working experience in a similar position
- Basic Project Management skills
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control and deployment
- Knowledge of the SCRUM framework
- Thorough understanding of ITSM processes
- Fluency in English, any other language is considered as an asset
- Willingness to travel internationally (<1%)
OTHER KEY REQUIREMENTS / COMMENTS
ServiceNow Administrator and Developer Certifications are considered as an advantage (ServiceNow certifications regarding PPM, HRSD, ITSM or CSM; SCRUM Master certification, ITIL v3 or ITIL v4 foundation certification; etc.)
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!