Senior Electrical Engineer
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanitys industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
The Additive Development Team is responsible for developing the core materials, robotic, software, NDE, simulation and additive manufacturing technology that is the backbone of Relativity’s Stargate Class 3D Printers, producing orbital-class launch vehicles and beyond. You will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team to develop and demonstrate groundbreaking innovations that are critical to the success of Relativity. You are a self-starter that can thrive in ambiguity, identify problems and quickly resolve them, and provide definition to the previously undefined.
You are equally comfortable at a desk and in the field, able to switch from performing detailed analysis to getting your hands dirty routing cables at the drop of a hat.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the development of the system-level electrical architecture within Relativity’s additive manufacturing systems. You will own design and implementation through the entire lifecycle of a project, from conceptualization to installation
- Be directly responsible for detailed design of various electrical subsystems, working closely with several teams including robotics engineering, data science, weld engineering, NDE, and material science to derive technical requirements, perform analysis, and document design
- Develop and implement complex motion control systems, integrating servo motors, drives, sensors, and other electrical components
- Design and integrate electrical schematics and layouts for industrial automation cabinets
- Own wiring harness design, fabrication, and installation
What you need to know:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar field
- 5+ years of experience developing industrial electrical systems
- Extensive knowledge of electro-mechanical hardware including sensors, actuators, pneumatics, PLCs, power distribution, safety interlocks, and more
- Experience designing for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Experience documenting electrical schematics and panel layouts
Nice to have but not required:
- MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar field
- Experience programming industrial robots such as Kuka, ABB, or similar
- Experience working with servo drives from Siemens, Bosch Rexroth, or similar
- Experience with optical imaging systems and/or machine vision components
- Experience designing printed circuit board and programming embedded microcontrollers
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual L&D stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The below-range represents Relativity Space’s current good-faith pay scale for this role. Relativity Space reserves the right to modify or update this range at any time.