Let's exceed the expected!
RUAG Space is part of RUAG International. The company focuses on the aerospace industry and employs around 6’000 employees. RUAG Space is the leading supplier of products for the space industry in Europe. Three product groups, six countries, one team: Electronics, Spacecraft and Launchers are part of our product portfolio. In addition to Switzerland – which is RUAG Space’s headquarters – we are also represented in Sweden, Austria, Finland, Germany and the USA. We develop, produce and test subsystems and equipment for use in space. Experience, outstanding reliability, customer focus and a comprehensive, clearly structured product portfolio all make RUAG Space the partner of choice for manufacturers of satellites and launchers across the globe. We set trends and stand for innovation – embodied by numerous projects in the production of individual and sophisticated structures, mechanisms and launch vehicles.
In this exiting and challenging position at our site in Vienna you will be responsible for expanding our product line, deriving the system architecture and performing the system decomposition for the different engineering disciplines, in order to design, produce and verify products which meet our customers’ needs. We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are eager to engage with the costumer in developing products.
- Define complex electronic and mechatronic space systems, building upon sound large system integration knowledge
- Technically lead and guide international proposal teams, including the handover to projects
- Technically guide projects from costumer specification to delivery
- Together with Marketing & Sales as well as Product Management listen to the customer’s voice to expand our space product lines and to move up the value chain
Skills & Experience
- Several years of experience in space engineering with an established network in the European space industry
- Technical skills and experience in developing space systems and embedded systems, comprising analog and digital hardware, software and FGPAs/ASICs
- Technical background in signal processing, navigation and AOCS is of advantage
- Ability to collaborate and drive consensus across teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; German, French or Italian are a plus
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Willingness to take responsibility, building upon balance of risk awareness and decisiveness
- Willingness to travel
- A working environment unique in Austria in a space technology company
- A flexitime model with integrated bridge and Christmas holidays
- Supported company canteen
- Supported Yoga classes
Monthly salary: We offer a competitive salary at or above market rate. The actual salary is dependent on qualification and professional experience. If you are interested in this challenging job in a motivated team in a high-technology industry, please send your résumé and other applicable documents in English