Premium Supplier of Satellite Communication Services
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Engineering and working with the Sales, to provide pre-sales and post-sales engineering supports to customers in various countries. Assist in providing technical solutions to customers for MEASAT’s service offerings such as Transponder Lease, Video, Co-location, Internet Protocol (IP) Transit and Managed VSAT services.
Pre and Post-Sales Support
- Providing pre-sales and post-sales engineering support to Sales & Marketing, including but not limited to the preparation of the Technical Proposals, Satellite User Handbooks, MEASAT Satellite Technical User Guides, and trainings to customers.
- Lead in specifications and engineering of customers’ satellite networks, not limited to link budget analysis, recommendation of equipment for service, project lead the service/system design.
- Lead in gathering of customers’ requirements to support Value Add solutions to meet customers’ requirements.
- Support in remote site management, i.e. project manage installers deployment, asset tracking, RMA, site performance tracking.
- Coordinate with Customers, Sales, Engineering and Operations departments for transponders and service links activation.
- Lead in post-sales technical issues, not limited to carrier/service performance, due to local, satellite and ground equipment issues.
Processes and Procedures
- Assist in creation of Operational Processes between various departments in the company and customers to ensure smooth work flow.
- Assist in Transponder Management of the satellites, which involves frequency planning & optimization of transponder’s bandwidth and power.
- Draft and follow through on technical scope of work in contract discussion with internal and external customers
- Assist in Product Development, i.e. develop Product Plans (Technical) for various VAS service such as Internet Broadband, WIFI Hotspot Solution.
- Support future satellite projects by evaluating various satellite payload options.
- At least 3 years working experience in satellite related industry field, preferably experience in planning and implementing VSAT, Hub topology for various services.
- Candidates with IP, broadband technology experience would be an added advantage.
- 1st Class Degree holder, or CGPA above 3.5 in engineering discipline.