Operator of choice for the Malaysian Information and Communication Technology Industry
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible and accountable for managing the business (Value Added Services – VAS) and company networks and to provide operational second-level support (e.g. proactive support and post-mortem analysis) with the aim to minimize unplanned network downtime/outage and maintain above the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and for the growth of the business and company network.
- To define, plan, design, administer, implement and modify appropriate network infrastructure for Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Data Center networking that involves VSAT hub, routers, switches, load balancer, firewall and other configurations;
- To provide daily network management and operational second-level support to maintain or better the SLA and growth of the business operation.
- To develop and maintain monitoring system automation for trending and data analysis
- To manage Satellite Broadband deployment coordination, provisioning and commissioning
- To provide knowledge transfer to first-level support to restore service to maintain or minimize the unplanned network downtime or outage within SLA.
- To enhance and govern company’s wide network security;
- To analyze network connectivity before any transition or migration occurs
- To ensure standards and updates of device naming, network access, configuration especially on the IP address and routing protocol;
- To perform any cabling, implementation and configuration works for the business and company network;
- To evaluate, analyze and implement new solutions as well as liaise with vendors or Telcos on quotation and proposals;
- Co-ordinate, monitor and perform all network equipment maintenance and operation;
- To perform purchase requisition for all VAS Network equipment and services when required;
- To develop, design and build end-to-end network solution for VAS customers
- To develop and update network documentation regularly and provide monthly report.
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Cisco certified network professional (CCNP-Service Provider) is a must and Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP) will be preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Internet BGP peering, MPLS L2VPN/L3VPN, and WIFI hotspot deployment
- Ability to independently plan, design and deploy ISP network infrastructure
- Experience in managing VSAT hub will be added advantage
- Experience in managing Linux systems and applications (ie:Cacti, PerfSonar, DNS servers)
- Ability to execute SQL and HTML programming relate coding will be added advantage
- Knowledge in 2G/3G/LTE Radio Access Network (RAN) and VOIP will be added advantage
- Excellent command in English both written and verbal with good education trackrecord;
- Quick starter, highly motivated and team player with ability to perform tasks with minimum supervision;
- Willing to work on standby basis.