It’s a great time to be part of the SES team
We are the world’s leading satellite operator with over 70 satellites in two different orbits, Geostationary Orbit (GEO) and Medium Earth Orbit (MEO). We provide a diverse range of customers with global video distribution and data connectivity services through two business units: SES Video and SES Networks. Our global team works collaboratively to make a significant, and often life-changing difference in the world. As part of our team, you will play an integral part in delivering on our vision. At SES, we connect and enable broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers, and enrich the lives of billions of people worldwide.
Senior Engineer, Strategic Teleport Partners
Brazil – Sao Paulo
Support the management of third party teleport commercial relationships. Management of all directly associated expenditure, budgets, overall cost control and strategy in conjunction with other key Engineering functions, Sales, Sales Engineering and Market Development.
- Support site selection, deployment, and on-going operations for SES’ new High Throughput Satellites (HTS) and O3b mPower gateways.
- Research, qualify, and select third-party teleport sites to support Telemetry, Tracking & Command (TT&C) and Carrier Spectrum Monitoring (CSM) services.
- Support satellite relocation and re-orbit projects by finding and arranging suitable partner teleport facilities.
- Support all other satellite services which are required to be uplinked by third-party teleports.
- Interface directly with SES Ground System Engineering and Operations groups to define project technical and operational requirements to develop Request for Proposal (RFP) documents.
- Manage the site selection process for new services and gateway hosting. Visit new potential sites to validate technical and operational suitability.
- Liaise directly with SES Sales, Accounting, Tax, Fleet Planning, Spectrum, and Regulatory groups throughout the planning and implementation phases of major projects.
- Work closely with Legal group to develop and refine contractual documents required to implement third party services and new gateway hosting projects.
- Develop and maintain Teleport Services Agreements (TSA) and related Service Orders for teleport partners in your region.This will include drafting new service orders as additional uplinks and new services are brought online.
- Negotiate technical, commercial, and contractual terms with new and existing teleport partners.
- Develop a deep understanding of regional teleport and data center hosting rates and other commercial considerations.
- Maintain personal relationships with key commercial and technical contacts at partner teleports.
- Create and generate reports detailing both commercial and engineering aspects of hosting services.Input into periodic reviews to improve cost effectiveness.Continuously evaluate service volumes at key teleports and propose service consolidation and relocations as required.
- Develop and maintain OPEX budget for teleports in assigned region. Includes responsibility to create purchase orders and approve invoice payments. Perform annual budget reviews.
- Ability to work in multifunctional project teams.
- Ability to respond quickly in a technical environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with international customers and contractors.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point.
- Knowledge of SAP helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Moderate international travel
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 10 or more years of experience in satellite network implementation and teleport operations.
- Strong understanding of earth station design and engineering techniques as related to geostationary, MEO, or LEO satellite operations.
- Knowledge of standard earth station equipment, such as antenna systems, HPAs, frequency converters and baseband / platform equipment.
- Industry knowledge of key ground segment equipment vendors and teleport operators.
- Analytical skills are essential;
- Very good negotiation skills;
- Ability to work with minimal levels of supervision;
- Ability to communicate effectively with international colleagues, customers and contractors in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good commercial understanding;
- Pro-active and self-motivated;
- A positive team member.
- Additional Languages, Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus
SES and its Affilitated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a \”protected individual\” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you a truly global opportunity in an exciting industry and all the support you’ll need for both your professional and personal development. But most of all, we offer a truly unique opportunity to play your part in making a difference for those who need it most. We strive to uphold honesty, transparency and courage in everything we do. We’re proud to belong to the SES team and collaborate towards success.
Good to know
SES is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity!