Celestia Portugal (C-Jet Unipessoal, Lda) is part of Celestia Technologies Group (CTG) an international technology group developing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets.
Celestia Portugal (C-Jet Unipessoal, Lda) is part of Celestia Technologies Group (CTG) an international technology group developing solutions for Aerospace, Defence, Telecommunications and Scientific markets. There is a rich pedigree of Product Development in Antenna, RF and Modem design for different Satcom & Terrestrial Systems.
The Celestia team have embarked on a challenging programme to design an innovative Phased- Array Antenna solution for a High Throughput Satellite Megaconstellations. This is a large ESA (European Space Agency) programme with several phases and milestones.
With increasing commitments and anticipated growth, we are now seeking to hire several engineering roles across a broad range of technical domains including Antenna, RF, Signal Processing, Beamforming, Digital design and Real-time Software, respectively.
In keeping with a hi-tech start-up culture, we expect our engineers to have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude together with good inter-personal and social skills. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive welcoming work environment where everyone is happy, productive and able to maximize their individual potential.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, develop, code, test & debug a real-time digital interface for the radio-frequency integrated circuit (RFIC)
- Develop innovative signalling and addressing protocols to efficiently administer data-path and control-path on the platform
- Integrate overall solution with other sub-systems on the platform comprising analogue and digital discrete devices
- Validate design to demonstrably confirm it meets real-time performance requirements
- Take ownership of your tasks; plan and execute in line with project needs
- Document and disseminate your works in line with project wide expectation
- Availability for short travels abroad (mainly to Netherlands and UK)
- Report to Technical/Project Manager
- Successfully engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Facing customer in key engineering meetings
- Supervising and mentoring junior engineers
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in developing embedded software for real hardware (e.g., FPGA, embedded processor, discrete microprocessor, micro-controller, custom device)
- Working knowledge of digital I/O standards such as SPI, GPIO, LVDS, CAN, I2C, FlexRay, USB
- Embedded design experience with Raspberry Pi, Arduino or other development kit
- Understand requirements to develop platform firmware and related design tools and flow
- Solid programming in low-level programming, C/C++, Python and Shell scripts
- Confident with digital design, HDL (VHDL, Verilog), digital system architectures, Linux Kernel, BSP generation
- Experience designing custom processor boards
- Broad expertise in design techniques and verification strategy
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Previous experience working with RF Systems, RFIC or MMIC as part of a PCB is advantageous
- Proficient in MS Office tools and competent working on either Windows or Linux
- Project management skills, methodical and organized work
- Language skills: Portuguese and English (Spanish will be considered a plus)
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or similar
We endeavour to respond quickly to all applications so if interested please submit your CV in English via email with a short covering note.
FPGA, VHDL, SPI, GPIO, LVDS, CAN, Device Driver, Embedded Software, Firmware, Low-level programming, C/C++, Python