As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible for the fabrication, maintenance and operation of instrumentation and controls used in rocket engine testing. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the construction of facilities used to test rocket engines and their components. Your role ensures the needed testing capabilities are available for all business units across Blue Origin. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Oversee all aspects of Instrumentation and Controls Integration and testing.
- Perform fabrication, installation and checkout of wire harnesses, flight hardware and instrumentation systems.
- Test article integration and checkout
- Reviewing, editing and following test procedures and processes
- Operation of test facility and ground support equipment
- General troubleshooting of Instrumentation, and flight avionics systems
- Working with engineers on design concepts/improvements and development tests
- Safely working with hazardous chemicals and high pressure systems
- 15+ years of experience in rocket engine test facility support, testing rocket or jet engines or closely related application
- Ability to closely follow electrical diagrams such as AutoCad and P&ID drawings
- Demonstrated ability to work with test, flight and safety critical hardware
- Demonstrated ability to work with Data Acquisition Systems and sensors and a have a good understanding of instrumentation calibration
- Experience developing fabrication areas for low cost, high efficiency operation
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot low voltage systems, 4-20mA signals, and thermocouples
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- 20+ years’ experience in propulsion facility/system or launch vehicle operation, integration or maintenance
- Working knowledge of a variety of rocket propellants, including hydrogen peroxide, Liquid Oxygen, and cryogenics
- Experience operating heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts around flight critical hardware
- Experience with WAGO push-in termination blocks, or similar
- Experience setting up, and pulling large amounts of LV wiring
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue’s principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.