If you are passionate about technology and curious to learn how to work in the defence sector in national or international projects, your place is here! If you don’t know us yet, we are an engineering and innovation company that works in different areas, one of them is defence and security where we work in cyber defence projects, simulation or space programs among others. We also participate in projects for international defence and security organisations, designing, developing, integrating, testing and maintaining defence and security systems on their entire life cycle.
We are looking for a motivated person to work in a challenging environment, where they can collaborate in several projects for an European institution, concerning security and border control activities (FRONTEX). One of the projects is a distributed system for sharing incidents at European borders information between up to 31 countries across Europe. The other one is used by this European institution to assess the security of the European border controls, but is undergoing a centralization process.
The main functions will be:
- Participate in the daily stand-up meetings
- Design the solution (this can be using mock-ups or plain architectural design, depending on the user story) and develop the code.
- Ensure that the provided solution is working properly before submitting it for review through the corresponding unit tests.
- Other tasks may include: • Demonstrate that the code developed by every team member during the sprint review meetings to the Product Owner • Support the client if they need to take screenshots for their internal meetings or want to understand better the proposed solution.
- We are using IntelliJ IDEA IDE for development, and Git to store the source code in different branches, with reviews implemented using Gerrit. A Jenkins pipeline is used to build the code every night to deploy it in our development environment and to run QA analysis with SonarQube. As Project Management tool we are currently using Redmine, but a migration to Azure DevOps is foreseen next year.
DO YOU WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
If you want this position to be yours, we would like you to have the following knowledge/experience:
- First cycle higher education degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering (Master/PhD is a plus)
- Combined post-secondary education and work experience: 9 years
- Specific professional experience related to the profile: 5 years hands-on experience in software development in Object-Oriented programming, specifically on JAVA/JEE technologies in the recent 6 years of his/her professional work (EJB, JPA, Web Services, WebSockets, REST interfaces, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in Linux, Maven, Git, Junit, Jenkins, IntelliJ IDEA
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile
- Desirable: Java Certified Programmer Certification (Java 7 or above)
- Valuable: knowledge of Angular, JProfiler
- Expertise in JBoss 7 EAP Application Server.
- Knowledge about Apache Web server, PostgreSQL databases (valuable also MS SQL Server) o Good command of the English language (in reading and in writing, minimum B2)
- Valuable expertise: o Angular o Automated testing frameworks for front and backend development like Arquillian, Protractor, Postman, etc.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- Join our GMV team and culture by entering into technological and innovative projects within multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.
- Professional career development and training plan. You will be able to acquire or perfect knowledge in the technologies we use as well as in skills. We also offer a language learning program.
- We care about your well-being. You will have private health insurance with dental and accident insurance.
- Join our team activities, events and sports competitions. In addition, we offer Multisport to keep you active.
- No dress code! Be comfortable at work
- Are you coming from another country? We offer you a relocation package.
- Do you want to switch off? You will find fruit and coffee at your disposal in our canteen.
- We promote equal opportunities in recruitment and we are a company compromised with inclusion and diversity.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?