Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms.
Electro Optic Systems (EOS) is an ASX listed Australian technology company operating in the defence and aerospace markets. Our products incorporate advanced electro-optic applications based on EOS core technologies in software, laser, electronics, optronics, gimbals, telescopes and beam directors, and precision mechanisms. With our headquarters in Canberra and a growing global workforce, we are experiencing exponential growth and are placed to become Australia’s leading defence and aerospace exporter.
The defence business develops and produces remotely controlled weapon systems and ancillary products. These systems are adaptable to suit potential customer weapon inventories and comprise state-of-the-art gimbal mounts, fire control systems and world-class sensor units. We continually strive to help our people achieve personal goals, engaging them in challenging and inspiring projects that shape our future.
EOS is an equal opportunity employer and we offer flexible work arrangements, flexible hours, paid parental leave, employee incentive scheme and additional annual leave.
The Senior Logistics Engineer is responsible for providing Logistic engineering and support to the organisation. The role requires broad and in-depth knowledge of all Logistic engineering disciplines, such as, Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) analysis, Logistics Support Analysis, Maintenance analysis and planning, Training and training support, Technical Publications, support and test equipment, and support facilities.
The Senior Logistics Engineer ensures that the products developed by EOS meet their whole of life requirements and that they are supportable for their entire lifetime.
- Develop, implement and maintain a Logistic Systems Infrastructure Plan to ensure the business tools and processes are in place to support EOS products and operations.
- Engage with the Engineering group to undertake Logistic engineering activities that support the development of EOS products.
- Contribute to the Systems Engineering review process for the whole product lifecycle.
- Support new business opportunities and assist in the development of responses to customer and industry enquiries including RFQ’s, tender responses; industry requests for information and other communication as required.
- Engage with customers and other EOS engineering groups both locally and internationally to ensure ILS requirements are identified and met.
- Engage the Project ILS Managers and the Project Management Group regarding Logistic deliverables.
- Act as the Project ILS Manager for smaller, unallocated Projects.
- Works Cooperatively with teams and individuals.
- Communicates well.
- Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Details oriented.
- Solution orientated.
- System thinker.
- Process disciplined.
- Degree qualification in Logistics Engineering or applicable field of study.
- Post graduate qualifications in Systems Engineering or similar discipline desirable.
- Minimum 3 years in similar role.
- Experience in defence sector desirable.
How to Apply
If you are willing to take on a challenge and want to make a contribution to a proud Australian company that is growing rapidly then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and why you believe you are the right fit for our organisation.
We may review, short-list and/or conduct interviews for this role prior to the closing date 15 January 2020. We encourage the submission of early applications.
Due to Australian Government security clearance requirements for this role, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances which usually means you must be an Australian Citizen.