Honeywell invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the world�s most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization. We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve buildings, factories, utilities, and aircraft, and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world.
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The Mechanical Project Engineer is the owner of the mechanical content of a project or program of projects and responsible for maintaining program consistency between projects, documentation, and support. The Principal Mechanical Engineer manages program requirements and associated documentation. As well as maintains all technical program communications with customers and drives product and project execution improvements and continuous improvement efforts.
- Capable of successfully leading engineering activities for medium and large complex projects. Ability to work with diverse cultures and customers.
- Willing to travel to remote locations in the region. Specific customer standards
- Quality, standard work, schedule of deliverables, technically responsible for, delivery of project, customer expectation, management, proposal support, direction of stream leads, Responsible for estimating, Change Orders using standard, processes and tools (bidman)
- Delivers the high level technical solution. Knowledge of multiple disciplines
- Acts as technical interface with customers, establishing professional relationships to ensure that the project requirements are fully defined and agreed.
- Ensures that required prerequisites (e.g. design inputs, tools, documentation, deliverables, schedule, and budget) are in place prior to commencing work.
- Produces functional and concept technical design specifications and provides technical leadership, support and expertise for assigned projects
- Ensures that the engineered solution meets project requirements in terms of functionality, standards, quality, and supporting documentation and implementation process at minimum cost by allocating work assignments to project team fully utilizing standard builds & standardized work
- Monitors and controls assigned work scope against the project plan, ensures effective change control and identifies risks / opportunities.
- Proactively recommends potential quality and efficiency improvements within the engineering group
- Shares technical knowledge with project team, supervisor, own discipline and other engineering disciplines
- Actively contributes in the pre-engineering phase of a project. As such, identifies to the customer which information is required before project starts.
- Assist sales organization in defining and estimating the engineering/technical scope of work.
- Assist project manager in defining and estimating the engineering/technical change of work.
- Reviews and assists customer with developing SOW/RFP/RFQ and specifications
- Supports and consults C&E; attends mechanical related pricing, concept, and customer review meetings
- Supports and consults Sales and Marketing; provides guidance relative to base/standard products, documentation, and user guides available
- Attends all project related turnover meetings and functional design reviews
- Manages program requirements and standards
- Manages mechanical design efforts in line with program requirements and standards
- Attends all customer related approval meetings
- Consults Mechanical Engineering on system architecture, description of operation, functional specifications, and interface documents; consults on project phasing (Tie-Ins, SWs, Cut-Ins) as an Mechanical Project Team
- Ensures Mechanical SOPER activity is in line with program requirements and standards
- Monitors project progress and issues from a program perspective
- Monitors/audits drawings/parts and QA activities in line with program requirements and standards
- Ensures proper drawings standards and update practices are followed, maintaining consistency across program accounts
- Ensures proper test plans (Internal, In-House, Site, Commissioning, and Acceptance) are created
- Performs project audit (site or remote) to ensure program account standards are being met (drawing standards)
- Supports critical customer acceptance/BUAT/UAT/FAT as required
- Reviews and consults on open issues; assists with any customer escalations
- Contributes to lessons learned post-mortem engineering review, providing program account expertise and historical perspective
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned