Orange is one of the largest operators of mobile and internet services in Europe and Africa and a global leader in corporate telecommunication services.
About the role
- Serves as a transversal Senior Manager within the Egypt MSI Center, with technical and process background in connectivity and/or unified communications services.
- Audits and evaluates operational day-to-day and end-to-end processes and identifies improvement areas within and across the operational functions (incident management, change management, technical support, etc.). Coordinates with operational managers to define and implement improvement actions to improve quality.
- Audits and evaluates technical operational activity to identify technical knowledge and skill gaps across connectivity (LAN/SDWAN/WAN/MAN) and unified communications services provided to the customer. This includes coordinating with technical and other experts to define and drive improvements.
- Assesses operational interlocks improvement areas and coordinates with operational managers and service management to drive improvement.
- Identifies automation opportunities within the actual operations activities and coordinates with appropriate tools and support teams.
- Oversees transversal operational quality improvement initiatives, including transversal multi-skilling efforts across all teams.
- Leads or participates in projects (new growth, new activity, internal initiatives, etc.) as required. These initiatives include customer interaction.
- Agile and flexible to be able to work in a changing environment, responding to changing business and customer needs, and to step into various situations (technical and non-technical) to drive solutions
- Can step in and direct/support operational activity during crises (major incidents, red/yellow zones, peak activity periods, etc.)
- Acts as a backup to other senior managers within the Center and is able to step-in and assist in any of the operational functions at any time.
- 14+ years of work experience in IT or telecom industry.
- Proven track record in transversal/matrix management, management of teams or third party vendors with Customer Service Excellence / face to face customer interaction. Multi-disciplinary experience in customer facing roles desirable.
- Experience in ITIL operational processes
- 8+ years leeadership of multi-cultural and geographically dispersed teams, manager of managers, as well as experience with virtual teams.
- 14+ years in IT support, technical support, incident management, and/or change management, with extensive experience with direct customer interface.
- Language Skills: English (if not mother tongue, fluent written and verbal), French and/or German is a plus. Excellent written and oral communication is a must.
- Proven leadership skills through 14+ years experience, training, and development.
- Soft Skills: excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, organization skills.
- Can work well under pressure and can handle escalations calmly and competently.
- Proactive, can-do attitude.
- Diplomacy, tact and multi-cultural awareness.
- Tenacity and persistence.
Customer Services & Operations