The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Are you a passionate, experienced and gifted Senior Project Manager? Are you capable of independently driving projects all the way to success within a market leading global company? And are you motivated by developing complex mission critical systems for avionics, ground and naval? Then we got the right job for you!
Terma provides mission critical solutions for the defense and aerospace industry. We are guided by one overall purpose: to deliver security for countries, alliances, and individuals. We operate in a variety of areas, but security is always the key. We deliver advanced technologies to keep people safe, both in peaceful times and in times of conflict. Our systems provide security for people on land, at sea, and in the air. In space, we are engaged in reaching new frontiers and enabling people on our planet to deal with new and future challenges. Terma puts emphasis on diversity, and brings passionate people together with different cultural and professional backgrounds.
As our new Senior Project Manager, you will be fully responsible for your own projects throughout the project lifecycle. Your projects will support several application areas and focus primarily on Software and Systems Engineering. In this position a part of your job will be to support and guide our talented Project Managers across the PMO covering development activities at Terma. You will also be a key person in setting the direction for the future of our Technology & Innovation project management discipline, as you will be working across segments within our organization.
The project management activities include project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and project status reporting as well as balancing value-adding project frontloading. By being visible and following up on project performance and stakeholders, you create understanding and commitment by foreseeing risks and addressing uncertainties, and by handling the associated mitigating and taking corrective actions in time.
To a large extent, your success depends on your ability to handle change requests throughout the project execution. Additionally, you will be involved in estimation of opportunities being pursued in Sales and Business Development as well as Product Management.
At times, you must be prepared for a challenging and dynamic environment. You must also count on some travelling – primarily domestic – when success depends on it.
Your professional qualifications
- You hold a MSc or BSc in Engineering or similar relevant education
- +5 years of working experience from a similar position level, preferable within a similar domain (highly regulated)
- Proven track record in delivering projects on-scope, on-time and on-cost
- Ability to lead large, complex Software- and Systems Engineering-heavy projects
- Strong experience with project risk management and project change management
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- You have an inspirational leadership style, powerful business acumen, and deep technical understanding
- You are certified in PMI Project Management and experience with cyber security will be perceived as an advantage
- You have robust experience working with product platforms in an agile development environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Your personal qualifications
- You are acting as a role model within the project management discipline and you are great at supporting and guiding others
- Result-oriented with a high level of integrity
- Out-going and able to apply your social skills and empathy to create meaningful relations
- Well-structured and able to solve complex problems without compromising quality
- You are a team player with a good sense of humor
What can Terma offer
You will become part of a high-tech, international, and creative environment in a demanding sector that offers many challenges and opportunities for personal development. You will be part of a dedicated team characterized by professional pride and humor.
In addition to the professional challenges, Terma offers a wide range of social activities and sports facilities, where employees meet in an informal atmosphere.